Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A New Piece! Digital Inkwork in Illustrator CS3


Okay, okay... It's not much, but it is new so it counts. Lately I've been looking at Sam Hiti, Steve Rude and David Rubin and really digging their inkwork. I did a sharpie doodle one day a few weeks ago, and I just redrew and inked it in the computer. Building off the earlier post of using custom brushes, the libraries in AI CS3 are really extensive and I was able to find some great textured brushes. I especially like the undo feature; had I done this traditionally I would have had to do it several times. I'll probably tweak it over the next few days, but that's the beauty of vector.

3 comments:

alberto said...

cool dude, love it.

Jon Pinto said...

AWSOME! I got CS3 at home and I can't use it until I get a new computer. I am getting soon at work tho. Can't wait!! You inspire me Jayro!!!

Jayro Design • Illustration said...

Thanks Jon. There are actually some pretty good brush libraries leading back to the original CS software. I don't think I used much you wouldn't be able to find there.