Friday, December 17, 2010

Operation: Applbaum Poster

I was recently contacted by a good friend of ours to help with a unique project for the CMO of THE SHACK™ (aka Radio Shack), Lee Applbaum. She needed assistance in creating a holiday gift for him, and due to the unique challenge it posed and free reign I had, I jumped at the chance. My solution was to design a bespoke personal logo, a modern crest of sorts. I am told he is an art/design lover, an avid runner and now cyclist as a result of his relationship with Lance Armstrong, Livestrong, and the Team Radio Shack cycling team. I thought an athletic inspired, rock star approach would help keep him in good company with Lance and the team.

My recon crew says that the poster was a big hit, and he will be proudly displaying it. It's always incredibly gratifying both creatively and personally to know I was part of a successful execution, and there's a happy client in the process. It's a win-win for everyone...

The final posters were hand-printed with the incredible help of the fine folks at Danger Press in Atlanta, without whom it would not be a reality. I can't thank Ed and Spencer enough for their guidance and printing wisdom, Stephanie Smith of the Atlanta Printmaker's Studio who had an additional assist, and Kally and Radio Shack for their trust and the opportunity to do something really cool!





No comments: