Saturday, January 30, 2010

AIGA Screenprinting Workshop: Ink & Drink #2



It's been a long while, but thanks to an AIGA Screenprinting workshop at the Atlanta Printmakers Society on Friday, I got to do some limited edition screen prints on paper. It felt great to get back into that and get my hands dirty – literally. The piece was drawn in Photoshop with the Wacom tablet and supplemented with a pattern from Illustrator. I'm really happy with the result. Many thanks to Shari Margolin for co-organizing it and Matthew Crouch for donating paper samples so I had something to print on!

4 comments:

Jimtron said...

Howdy! I've got a question about a post from WAAAY back in your blog. You were talking about the Cartoon Network 2008 calendar. I'm putting a book together about Transformers Animated, a CN property, and have an image of some of the bots playing with remote control versions of themselves. The file name is 2008_TCS_Calendar.Color.Final.psd. Do you have any idea if this image was used in that 2008 Cartoon Network calendar? I'd love to include it in the book, but I really can't unless I know where it's from.

Cheers!
<a href = "boltax.blogspot.com>Jim</a>

Jayro Design • Illustration said...

Hi Jim,

Yes - it's definitely from that calendar, I remember it and it was used. I'm not sure if we have extras floating around anywhere, but I can certainly look.

Jimtron said...

Great, thanks for the confirmation. Who actually would get the calendar? Was it only for internal use, or was it available commercially?

Jim

Gulzar said...

I love it! wicked! :)