Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Triangles, Circles & Squares


It's been awhile, I know... It's hard keeping up with a 1-and-a-half year old. My wife is out of town, and my daughter is asleep so it was a good time to play around with some art...

When my daughter was born, my wife had asked me to do a piece for her room. For a myriad of reasons I've been putting this off, but I finally made it to the intersection of inspiration, free time and upgraded RAM.

This piece is based on a song from one of her toys that repetitively beckons you to find shapes everywhere you look. Based on the profuse number of times I've heard it, I'm pretty sure that the lyrics are engraved on the inside of my skull. Lovingly, of course.

I'll probably noodle with it some more for composition, but I'm generally happy with it. Look at the larger version - some of the detail closes up when it's a thumbnail.

4 comments:

Jon Pinto said...

Very cool. I am jealous. My wife made me paint a 360 mural in my son's room!

bigjiminy said...

I like this Jay. What did you work in?
Now I want to see an image showing the lyrics inside your skull.

Jayro Design • Illustration said...

Thanks, Jim. I started in Illustrator and then took it into Photoshop and played with some Machine Wash magic.

Yeah, the lyrics in my skull should be interesting. I'll have to think about how that would look since I can't actually see in there... :)

Cory said...

Yes, I see. It is all so clear now. It's like the DaVinci Code for Toddlers! Just kidding. Love the texture. Very cool.